[isabelle-dev] Towards the next release --- and release naming scheme

Gerwin Klein kleing at unsw.edu.au
Tue Sep 28 01:30:40 CEST 2021

I'm actually pretty happy with the current scheme (eg. 2021-1).

If there is a serious issue within the same month, we can increase the number, and in practice it happens extremely rarely, so there is not much room for confusion. As long as the year remains accurate, the scheme is pretty straightforward.

I'd also be fine with Isabelle2021-Dec, although that is harder to order automatically. The current scheme is somewhat order compatible with the old (and confusing) Isabelle-94-6 scheme. None of these are very strong arguments.

Cheers,
Gerwin