[isabelle-dev] AFP build times out in file/theory presentation

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Nov 16 12:24:34 CET 2021

On 16/11/2021 09:16, Gerwin Klein wrote:
> You were too fast :-), afp-devel is is for isabelle-devel, it shouldn't have isabelle-release changes in it.

We have had this time of uncertainty of the pair isabelle-dev vs. afp-devel
after the fork of isabelle-dev to isabelle-release routinely in the past few
years.

>From the Isabelle side, the "window of uncertainty" is only 30min .. 2h. For
AFP we often had many days, sometimes 1-2 weeks (IIRC).

So can this be organized in a better way?
E.g. have the "call to finalize AFP" earlier in the process and maybe have a
separate "afp-release" fork for it.

> After the fork we should temporarily revert that commit for Complex_Bounded_Operators in afp-devel (but keep it on afp-2021-1) until the release has happened.
Note that I will occasionally merge isabelle-release back to isabelle-dev
before final lift-off. It will happen within 2-3 days, for example.