[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2021-RC1/2: broken tar balls for Linux?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Jan 12 19:57:42 CET 2021

On 12/01/2021 19:47, Manuel Eberl wrote:
> Indeed, that seems to have been the issue. Earlier the server was down
> completely for a while.

This was due to local reboot/repairs on the server at TUM: both the hardware
and the virtual machine.

The admins told me that the whole setup will be migrated to a new VM
environment, which is expected to be more reliable.

> Would it be possible to mirror the RCs onto the other servers as well,
> as is done for the rest of the website?

Mirroring the Isabelle website usually requires extra email communication and
1-3 days until the content has been stabilized: it is an awkward process at
the end of the release process.

I would rather put the RC websites on my own server space next time (e.g.
isabelle.sketis.net). Self-hosting means I only have to agree with myself how
things are done. The provider behind that proved rock-solid so far: Netcup
GmbH in Kaiserslautern.