[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Improved GUI look-and-feel

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Jan 10 12:18:08 CET 2021

On 09/01/2021 01:25, Makarius wrote:
> *** Isabelle/jEdit Prover IDE ***
>
> * Improved GUI look-and-feel: the portable and scalable FlatLightLaf is
> used by default on all platforms (appearance similar to IntelliJ IDEA).
>
> This refers to Isabelle/efc58b56a6c7, it avoids various GUI problems on Linux
> (broken GTK), Windows (bad button fonts), macOS (visual glitches).

In Isabelle/9480a9efe19e I have made a small patch to FlatLightLaf to get the
buttons in the Symbols dockable right (Digits, Letters).

The corresponding issue https://github.com/JFormDesigner/FlatLaf/issues/234
got closed rather quickly. The guy behind the project is actually from the
Munich area: Karl Tauber as founder of https://www.formdev.com/company

If there are further fine points for our great new look-and-feel, I will
refine them for the release.

Bigger renovations may come after the release: there is no need to have old
Java applications look crappy.