[isabelle-dev] Experimental support for arm64-linux

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Oct 3 22:29:37 CEST 2020

On 03/10/2020 16:43, Makarius wrote:
> Here is an intermediate report on the state of support for the ARM64 platform,
> according to Isabelle/694d0a315d0a.
>
> Presently, its main hardware representative is my new Raspberry Pi 4B (4 CPU
> cores at 1.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM), running Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS.

I have now found a beta version of Pi OS 64bit:
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_arm64/images

Pi OS appears to support this special hardware better than Ubuntu, e.g.
graphics and CPU power regulation (less heating).

Consequently, I have rebuilt the polyml component in Isabelle/3e84f4e9651a; it
now works both with Pi OS (Debian 10) and Ubuntu 20.04.