[isabelle-dev] Issues with unnamed top-level facts in Isabelle

Tobias Nipkow nipkow at in.tum.de
Thu Nov 5 17:06:04 CET 2020

I gave some good reasons. In fact such unnamed lemmas can be a downright pain, eg

lemma [simp]: "..."

Can you give a good reason to keep them other than "we always did it like that"?
I mean a real reason like "they are required because" or "it would break X".

Can you explain why you think it will take years to add names to existing
unnamed thms? Not that it matters that much if we agree that it should be changed.

Tobias