[isabelle-dev] Python Bindings API for Isabbele

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat May 9 10:46:20 CEST 2020

On 09/05/2020 00:56, Miranda, Brando wrote:

> I was wondering if there were python bindings for Isabelle/isar?
>
> If not how hard would it be to make some?

The official Isabelle system programming language is Isabelle/Scala.

It has required 12 years to make this work and was quite hard. Initially there
were considerations to use Python instead of Scala, but due to strong types
and parallel threads in Scala that was preferred.

BTW, this is off-topic on isabelle-dev: it does not belong to the ongoing
Isabelle development process. Almost all questions about Isabelle and its
various sub-languages belong to the isabelle-users mailing list.

Over there we can also discuss what you are trying to do and how Isabelle can
be used for that.