[isabelle-dev] Plan for Isabelle2020 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Mar 2 17:39:27 CET 2020

This is an update on the Isabelle2020 release process.

  * The main blog spot with continuous updates is
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/phame/post/view/5/release_candidates_for_isabelle2020/

  * The Isabelle repository https://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is still
open for minor updates for the release. My impression is that various entries
for NEWS and CONTRIBUTORS are still missing. Now is the opportunity to finish
that.

  * Isabelle2020-RC2 is to be expected within 1-2 weeks: this will be also the
fork-point for the Isabelle release repository
https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle-release

Side-remark: more and more network resources are "normalized" towards my
single self-hosted server.

This saves a lot of time: instead of tedious negotiations with other
administrative entities, I just do what is really required on the spot. This
approach also helps to avoid the "Stickiness of Siren Servers" in the
terminology of Jaron Lanier, "Who owns the future?", 2013.