[isabelle-dev] https://discourse.org as replacement for mailman, stackoverflow, zulip

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Jan 12 16:33:01 CET 2020

Dear isabelle-dev participants,

I have been ill for almost 2 weeks during the Christmas vacation and have now
started to clear out remaining bits from last year.

Many of the discussion items will become formal "Tasks" on
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/maniphest (see also general notes on
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/home/menu/view/20).

A notable new entry is https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/T9 "Evaluate
https://discourse.org as replacement for mailman, stackoverflow, zulip"

That is rather ambitious: both the good old Mailman and fancy new games like
Zulip Chat should be replaced eventually. This requires careful evaluation of
the underlying technology first.

The deeper question behind is: Can we re-unify our canonical forum of
discourse for Isabelle users? Or are we already subjects of big corporations
like Stackexchange, Zulip, Linked-In etc?