[isabelle-dev] isabelle jedit quickly aborts

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Jan 7 20:38:21 CET 2020

On 07/01/2020 17:17, Jasmin Blanchette wrote:
>> I updated to Isabelle/ffb1783dd7e0 today, and since then I can't start Isabelle/jEdit. I've tried with a bare-bones settings file containing only
>>
>> 	init_components "$USER_HOME/.isabelle/contrib" "$ISABELLE_HOME/Admin/components/main"
>>
>> When I type "isabelle jedit", the Isabelle logo appears as usual, then a bunch of AWT warnings I'm used to ignore, and after some time (anywhere between 5 and 60 s it seems), the logo goes away and control returns to the command line.

First note that I don't see Isabelle/ffb1783dd7e0 in the public repository,
but I the detailed version is probably irrelevant. I am using current
Isabelle/15c6f253b9f3 for testing.

>> I've tried "isabelle jedit -f", to no avail.
>>
>> I'm running macOS Mojave (10.14.4).

My Mojave installation is already at 10.14.6, and Catalina at 10.15.2. Both
work fine for me, using the command-line tool or the Isabelle.app (e.g. from
https://isabelle.sketis.net/devel/release_snapshot).

>From a distance, I guess that it is a matter of certain options in "Security &
Privacy". Applications that request certain rights, but are rejected in the
first attempt, should show up in various dialogs. E.g. see "General" (as in
https://isabelle.in.tum.de/img/macos_security.png or "Privacy" with "Full Disk
Access" or "Files and Folders" for the Terminal app.