[isabelle-dev] isabelle jedit quickly aborts

Jasmin Blanchette j.c.blanchette at vu.nl
Tue Jan 7 16:54:44 CET 2020

Hi all,

I updated to Isabelle/ffb1783dd7e0 today, and since then I can't start Isabelle/jEdit. I've tried with a bare-bones settings file containing only

	init_components "$USER_HOME/.isabelle/contrib" "$ISABELLE_HOME/Admin/components/main"

When I type "isabelle jedit", the Isabelle logo appears as usual, then a bunch of AWT warnings I'm used to ignore, and after some time (anywhere between 5 and 60 s it seems), the logo goes away and control returns to the command line.

I've tried "isabelle jedit -f", to no avail.

I'm running macOS Mojave (10.14.4).

Any help on how to debug this would be appreciated.

Jasmin