[isabelle-dev] Plan for Isabelle2020 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Feb 10 21:05:29 CET 2020

Dear participants of the Isabelle release process,

our general scheme is to have a proper stable release every 8-10 months -- in
recent years we've had 10 months most of the time, and that worked quite well.

I have just realized that Isabelle2019 was a actually released on 01-Jun-2019,
so my previous estimates for "shortly before IJCAR 2020" (Jun-2020) were very
inaccurate: it needs to be Apr-2020.

Looking briefly through the calendar, we can probably make it in the 6 weeks
from 01-Mar-2020 (Isabelle2020-RC1) to 15-Apr-2020 (Isabelle2020 final).

Are there other side-conditions? E.g. pending things that need to get into the
release (and are almost finished already)?

On https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net there is both a blog
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/phame/blog/view/2 and a space for tasks
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/maniphest/query/all -- the latter with a
project tag "isabelle-release" for anything that is relevant for the
Isabelle2020 lift-off.

People who have an account there can add their own task items directly -- it
should be a high-level description / reminder (with a formal tag
"isabelle-release"). People who are not yet members, but belong to the
development process, can send me an email to get added.

Generally, I've found https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net quite useful in the past
couple of weeks to get an overview of the whole Isabelle + AFP activity in a
single web application. Some observers have also told me that they watch every
day just for fun.