[isabelle-dev] lex_prod changes

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 10:34:05 CEST 2020

It’s obvious that this proposal should have been discussed more widely. And I shouldn’t have volunteered to implement it before securing firm offers of help, because it was obvious from the outset that it would be seriously laborious. With this change, a repair is never as simple as inserting some tactic or rewrite but requires at least a lemma or two. In some cases it’s a problem-solving task taking hours. So I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to reduce 60 failing entries to 20 (and I have fixes to five more in the pipeline). But I’d be happy to wash my hands of the whole thing.

Larry