[isabelle-dev] Phabricator for Isabelle development

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Sep 25 22:22:14 CEST 2019

On 25/09/2019 21:58, Makarius wrote:
> Our new Phabricator service for Isabelle development is taking shape:
> https://phabricator.sketis.net
>
> The platform provides many Apps to support software development, but so
> far I have focused on the key things, like repository hosting and task
> management ("tickets").

Here is an example for "Tasks": https://phabricator.sketis.net/T2

It is in resolved state. The final message "See Isabelle/5094098f5e0c"
uses my usual formal jargon to refer to well-defined points within an
immutable history. Phabricator understands that and turns it into a link
to the corresponding changeset in the Isabelle repository.

In contrast https://phabricator.sketis.net/T1 is still open: Mercurial
tags are probably not supported at all -- I see the same omission in the
Phabricator server for the Mercurial project
(https://phab.mercurial-scm.org/diffusion/HG). It is probably better to
put such notes right into the ticket, instead of informal prose on the
mailing list.