[isabelle-dev] Isabelle 374caac3d624: Directory handling on Cygwin

Alexander Krauss krauss at in.tum.de
Mon Sep 16 15:40:32 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I just updated from Isabelle af25255bda02 (two months ago) to current
374caac3d624, and I am experiencing issues in jedit which appear related
to the recent changes in directory and session handling. (I can try to
bisect the exact changeset if necessary).

Some symptoms:
* The editor seems to have the wrong notion of the location of a file
(The buffer selector shows a path of
"I:\cygdrive\i\repos\tyset\Isabelle_Set" which is clearly wrong and
should be either "I:\repos\tyset\Isabelle_Set" in Windows convention or
"/cygdrive/i/repos/tyset/Isabelle_Set" in Cygwin convention). This
results in empty buffers for these paths, although I can open the actual
files.

* Accordingly, when use the "Open dialog", it produces errors for not
being able to list the directories.

* Imports (from the same session and directory) are rejected as 'Bad
theory import "Draft.My_Theory"' until I open that theory in a buffer.

I assume this is related to Cygwin/Java interaction. "isabelle build" on
the command line seems to work fine.

Alex