[isabelle-dev] Isabelle/Phabricator

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Oct 25 14:29:17 CEST 2019

Reminder: https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net is more and more becoming the
key tool for consolidation of the isabelle-dev process, with just one
(self-hosted) service for repository hosting, tasks ("tickets") etc.

The motivation to cultivate such a platform for Isabelle (and AFP) has
been increased by the recent drop-out of Bitbucket from Mercurial. There
are many more reasons to stay away from "black data holes" like
Bitbucket, Github etc.

To help anybody interested in independent hosting (of SVN, Mercurial,
Git) and to minimize my own administrative workload, I intend to provide
a few Isabelle/Phabricator tools in Isabelle/Scala within the next few
weeks (Feb-2019 is the deadline imposed by Bitbucket). E.g. "isabelle
phabricator_setup" will configure this tool together with basic Apache,
MySQL, PHP settings on a fresh Ubuntu server. There will be also
something like "isabelle phabricator_backup" and "isabelle
phabricator_restore" for all files and databases involved.

If there are experts on the Bitbucket REST API to provide some hints,
there could be also systematic tool support to move away from Bitbucket
more easily (e.g. to copy repositories with some of there meta-data).