[isabelle-dev] Isabelle component csdp-6.x is 32-Bit [macOS]

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Nov 28 17:16:58 CET 2019

On 28/11/2019 17:08, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
> I have no idea how components are managed or updated, but I can see that they aren’t stored in the repository. I hope that somebody else (after first perhaps testing that my emailed binary works on their machine) could do this.

In the past 10 years we have managed to achieve very high quality standards
for our multi-platform application. This has worked thanks to the availability
of reference machines for different operating systems, see the still current
specification at
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/11e1e273eaad/Admin/PLATFORMS#l26

Already since 2013/2014 there is a steady decline of coverage for macOS, and
right now Catalina is just missing.

Maybe someone wants donate a test machine that is easily available via ssh
(almost) all of the time.

I am generally a bit reluctant to switch to the pre-1970 batch queue mode that
has become popular again recently under the slogan of "CI" -- it requires lots
of tinkering and experimentation due to lack of proper interaction with the
machine. (Or maybe the CSDP provider wants to make such a setup for his project.)