[isabelle-dev] Complex.thy

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 20 17:47:54 CET 2019

The motivation for moving Complex.thy was simply that Complex_Transcendental and Complex_Analysis_Basics are now adjacent and could even be combined. All this material could conceivably reside in a single theory.

As for Analysis itself: it is simply too big but where to divide it is somewhat arbitrary. One option is to take Derivative and everything above it. There is something natural about having a development with a lot about topology, limits, norms and derivatives but nothing about integration. It would also have nothing about the complex numbers except the tiny Complex.thy, which is perhaps another reason to move it.

Larry