[isabelle-dev] Reorganising Analysis

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 12:43:46 CET 2019

Certainly it’s weird that we introduce the type of complex numbers on such a bare bones basis as to be practically useless. It is reasonable to assume that it is probably unused. But we need to deal with this appropriately to preserve compatibility.

How about this?

1: move everything currently in HOL/Complex into Complex_Analysis_Basics

2: import MacLaurin into Main, so that it now has all the other Complex_Main material: limits, transcendental functions, et cetera

3: retain the theory Complex_Main for legacy purposes, probably just for one more release.

Larry