[isabelle-dev] Reorganising Analysis

Fabian Immler immler at in.tum.de
Mon Nov 4 16:50:03 CET 2019

On 11/4/2019 7:44 AM, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
> Then the obvious stopping point is one line above: Derivative.
Yes (with some additional theories):

In afp-devel/49f30bd (and its parent changesets) Tobias and I
experimented with reducing the imports of many AFP-entries that build on
HOL-Analysis.
We introduced a theory Multivariate_Analysis to collect the theories
that we deemed "Basic Analysis" material (perhaps Basic_Analysis.thy
would be a better name).

Currently (afp/c5c88012f116) we have 20 imports of
"HOL-Analysis.Multivariate_Analysis", and 35 imports of
"HOL-Analysis.Analysis", so Multivariate_Analysis seems like a
reasonable point to split HOL-Analysis.

The imports of Multivariate_Analysis can (or should) still be refined:
It currently(isa/c85efa2be619) imports Path_Connected and Starlike and I
am pretty sure much of the material in those theories is not necessary
for a "Basic Analysis" library.

Fabian