[isabelle-dev] Are sources available?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Jun 17 08:03:15 CEST 2019

On 16.06.19 23:17, Alexander Krauss wrote:
> These third-party
> tools ship with Isabelle in a way that mostly hides the integration
> complexity from users but would make repackaging attempts very hard,
> especially when done by people not intimately familiar with Isabelle.
> This can even be harmful when the problematic packages appear in OS
> distributions.

We are approaching the main principle of Isabelle system integration: it
is done so carefully such that it hides the true complexity.

I stand to my word to call it insanity to attempt that, just to make
clear what the order of the problem is.

Nobody has a benefit from bad re-packaging of Isabelle. We have seen
this in the past several times. There is no point to repeat the
experiment: the result will be the same.