[isabelle-dev] cardinality primitives in Isabelle/HOL?

Traytel Dmitriy traytel at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 23 11:11:21 CET 2019

Hi Larry,

if you want to put the definitions and the basic properties in Main, then Fun.thy would probably be the place. But then I would argue that the syntax should be hidden, as users might want to use these symbols for something else.

For the advanced material, do you need some theorems from HOL-Cardinals or just the syntax from HOL-Library.Cardinal_Notations in addition to what is already there in Main about cardinals? If it is only the syntax, then a separate theory in HOL-Library is probably a good fit. Otherwise, a separate theory in HOL-Cardinals would make sense.

Dmitriy