[isabelle-dev] State of the art in Isabelle with OCaml, opam and zarith

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Jan 22 22:11:43 CET 2019

On 22/01/2019 22:02, Florian Haftmann wrote:

> Then I have no clue how to include the installed zarith properly.
> https://opam.ocaml.org/doc/FAQ.html mentions subcommands »exec« and
> ocaml_opam« does not provide.

That documentation is for Opam 2.0, but we are still on 1.2.2 because
that is the latest version I've found for Windows (based on MinGW); the
same 1.2.2 is part of Cygwin.

I can update Isabelle/Opam when there is a proper Windows version for
2.0 -- maybe it has already arrived in the meantime, somewhere in some
dark corner.

Apart from that, I've recently seen Coq experts worry about the
status-quo of Opam: it is not as well-developed as Stack for Haskell,
and Coq already critically depends on it.