[isabelle-dev] mercurial accident

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Jan 18 21:42:05 CET 2019

On 17/01/2019 22:54, Fabian Immler wrote:

> Luckily, a diff with a8faf6f15 revealed quite obviously what went wrong
> during the merges, so I could easily redo Angeliki's tagging (689997a8).
>
> We should be back to normal (regarding isabelle build -a).

That was Isabelle/94284d4dab98, but Tobias has just pushed a bad merge
again: Isabelle/aeceb14f387a.

I can only quote README_REPOSITORY once more:

Testing of changes (before push)

The integrity of the standard pull/push area of Isabelle needs the be
preserved at all time.  This means that a complete test with default
configuration needs to be finished successfully before push.  If the
preparation of the push involves a pull/merge phase, its result needs
to covered by the test as well.

Such testing of local changes plus the resulting merge is not optional,
but mandatory.

There is a natural routine of "hg commit" vs. "isabelle build -a" to
make it all work well without any effort.