[isabelle-dev] mercurial accident

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Jan 17 22:11:43 CET 2019

On 17/01/2019 21:54, Makarius wrote:

> The problem behind this: Angeliki got administrative push-access to the
> Isabelle repository, without anybody at Cambridge showing her how to use it.
>
> There is of course README_REPOSITORY, but the text is long. Here is the
> ultra-short version:
>
>   After every local commit, use "hg view" (or equivalent) to ensure that
> the change is really what you want to make eternal when pushed to public.

Here is another (minor) error by Angeliki: 6b8d78186947 is actually a
merge (a clean one according to "hg view"), but the log message makes it
appear like a regular change. (README_REPOSITORY explains proper
treatment of merge nodes.)

I've seen that incident already on Monday -- still with a high
temperature, and not in proper shape to look more closely or write
private mails etc.

Instead, I was watching silly things like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOJtmDYcFMg -- not totally unrelated to
this thread.

Maybe Larry can show Angeliki how to operate the "hg" chainsaw adequately.