[isabelle-dev] NEWS: File Browser and Virtual File-systems for Isabelle resources

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Jan 31 23:11:39 CET 2019

*** Isabelle/jEdit Prover IDE ***

* The jEdit File Browser is more prominent in the default GUI layout of
Isabelle/jEdit: various virtual file-systems provide access to Isabelle
resources, notably via "favorites:" (or "Edit Favorites").

* Action "isabelle-export-browser" points the File Browser to the theory
exports of the current buffer, based on the "isabelle-export:" virtual
file-system. The directory view needs to be reloaded manually to follow
ongoing document processing.

* Action "isabelle-session-browser" points the File Browser to session
information, based on the "isabelle-session:" virtual file-system. Its
entries are structured according to chapter / session names, the open
operation is redirected to the session ROOT file.

This refers to Isabelle/b9a5805d1d70. I have also change the default GUI
layout: global overview LEFT (Documentation, File Browser), local
document information RIGHT (Theories, SideKick etc.) Output and
interaction at the BOTTOM, as before.

Within the repository I cannot impose arbitrary jEdit properties on a
local settings directory, so it might require manual tinkering to
imitate the default. (I usually rename $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/jedit
temporarily to see the difference.)

The "isabelle-session:" virtual file-system is the start of more serious
access to Isabelle resources: right now it merely shows chapter/session
tree structure, and opens the corresponding ROOT entry. Since the latter
is also under PIDE control, CTRL/COMMAND-MOUSE-HOVER-CLICK quickly leads
to some theories.