[isabelle-dev] Creating Theorems in ML

Achermann Reto reto.achermann at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 28 11:49:36 CET 2019

Hi,

[apologies in advance if this should have gone to the isabelle-users list]

We are using ML in a project where we need to create a locale in HOL from ML code. We managed to create the locale (local_theory) using Expression.add_locale_cmd including any assumptions we defined in ML.

As a next step we would like to create a theorem from ML,  e.g.

locale MyLocale =
  fixes S::"nat set"
begin

lemma foo:
  by(auto)

end

We tried using Local_Theory.note with the Goal or Thm structures, but apart from trivial True ==> True there is not much success. Moreover, the example (3.7 Theorems) in the cookbook doesn't seem to work with 'Illegal fixed variable: "P"'

I'm thankful for any pointers to examples or descriptions on how to add/define a lemma/theorem inside a locale from an ML file.

Thanks,
-- Reto