[isabelle-dev] NEWS: File Browser and Virtual File-systems for Isabelle resources

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 1 16:32:36 CET 2019

On 31/01/2019 23:11, Makarius wrote:
> *** Isabelle/jEdit Prover IDE ***
>
> * The jEdit File Browser is more prominent in the default GUI layout of
> Isabelle/jEdit: various virtual file-systems provide access to Isabelle
> resources, notably via "favorites:" (or "Edit Favorites").

I have now reverted the default to "buffer" instead of "favorites", see

changeset:   69781:a7529ac9c1c5
user:        wenzelm
date:        Fri Feb 01 15:02:36 2019 +0100
files:       src/Tools/jEdit/src/jEdit.props
clarified default (amending ca9780325a21): it also affects "open-file"
dialog, which should be "buffer";

The favorites are very important, but many long-term users still don't
know about them. I need to find another way to make them easily accessible.