[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Command-line tool "isabelle hg_setup"

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Dec 19 20:52:30 CET 2019

*** System ***

* The command-line tool "isabelle hg_setup" simplifies the setup of
Mercurial repositories, with hosting via Phabricator or SSH file server
access.

This refers to Isabelle/0131b7b44c32, with documentation in
https://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/0131b7b44c32/src/Doc/System/Misc.thy#l152

See also the corresponding blog post:
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/phame/post/view/2/command-line_tool_isabelle_hg_setup

The key purpose of the tool so far: consolidating old papers and slides, to
have everything on my private self-hosted VCS server for Mercurial, Git,
Subversion.

Some co-authors already got email invitations for it -- it is not publicly
visible. On request, I can provide further hints about such self-hosting --
apart from what is documented in the "system" manual chapter 6.