[isabelle-dev] Sunsetting Mercurial support in Bitbucket

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Aug 20 21:52:29 CEST 2019

I've just got a friendly message from Bitbucket, see also
https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket?utm_source=alert-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bitbucket-eol-mercurial_EML-5301&jobid=104256548&subid=749141674

For me such centralized services provided by huge corporations are a bad
thing anyway -- it is important to be able to stay on ones own feet. So
this is a good opportunity to abandon Bitbucket, before the deadline of
June-2020.

For various Isabelle add-on repositories and clones there is already
https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos -- I will put more emphasis on this in
the near future.

Note that I have no inclination to move away from Mercurial to Git, just
because the noisy crowds out there are doing it. In the past 1-2 years I
have occasionally worked with colleagues on git projects and I am very
glad that we don't have this messy pop-culture in our nice and elitist
Isabelle environment.