[isabelle-dev] window type of Isabelle/jEdit splash screen

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Apr 30 23:31:19 CEST 2019

On 30/04/2019 14:23, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> Btw: I should have been more precise before. I started Isabelle/jEdit via
>
>   $ isabelle jedit
>
> which means, I guess, that the resulting splash screen is actually the
> jEdit splash screen (with the "je" logo of jedit) and not the
> Isabelle/jEdit splash screen (with the "isabelle" logo)?
>
> I'm just mentioning this, since for the latter (with the "isabelle"
> logo) I get

There are indeed two possibilities for splash screens: (1) the Isabelle
one via "java -splash:..." and (2) the jEdit one via a special JWindow
(only when there is no -splash already).

I have now clarified and unified the situation as follows:

changeset:   70220:089753519be0
tag:         tip
user:        wenzelm
date:        Tue Apr 30 20:54:07 2019 +0200
summary:     more uniform Isabelle splash screen -- avoid problems with
jEdit splash and Java 11 on some Linux window managers;

It means there should be always a regular java -splash:... and the jEdit
JWindow construction is always disabled.

Can you try this with your window manager?