[isabelle-dev] Frag / Poly_Mapping

Alexander Maletzky alexander.maletzky at risc.jku.at
Mon Sep 24 11:30:56 CEST 2018

Some notions defined in "Frag.thy" already exist in "Poly_Mapping.thy":
"support" is called "keys" there, and I think "frag_cmul" could easily
be defined in terms of "map".

"frag_extend" looks like a special case of a more general subsitution
homomorphism "subst" of type "('a => 'b => 'c) => ('a =>_0 'b) => 'c",
defined as "subst f x = (\Sum i\in keys x. f i (lookup x i))", which
could indeed be added to "Poly_Mapping.thy". The insertion morphism in
"MPoly_Type.thy" could then perhaps be defined in terms of "subst" (at
least partially; for power-products, the above sum would have to be
replaced by a product).

Best regards,
Alexander