[isabelle-dev] performance problems

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Fri Sep 7 17:51:42 CEST 2018

I have also noted a few strange issues with the development version
(currently e50312982ba0) these last few days, but I have not yet had the
time to try to reproduce them.

Basically, what happens is that occasionally, the IDE "freezes" in the
sense that no new changes to the document are processed. I can still
view the output of all the processed commands, but there is a certain
position in the document underneath which all the text is red, and it
never because not red. If I change anything in the text before that, it
also becomes red forever.

It seems to me that this is particularly triggered by non-terminating
invocations of simp/auto/etc., even if I abort them after a fraction of
a second.

I don't think the 2018 release had this problem, but I could be wrong.

If I find out any more precise details, I will let you know.

Manuel