[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Isabelle server

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Sat May 12 22:08:18 CEST 2018

Just for the record: Makarius' reply resolved the issue for me (see also
below).

On 05/09/2018 11:57 PM, Makarius wrote:
> On 26/03/18 13:48, Christian Sternagel wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I forgot about that option.
>>
>> With "isabelle latex" in the specified directory the error boils down to:
>>
>> ./root.tex:31: Package pdftex.def Error: File
>> `isabelle-eps-converted-to.pdf' n
>> ot found.
>>
>> See the pdftex.def package documentation for explanation.
>> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>>
>> Should isabelle-eps-converted-to.pdf exist on my system?
>
> I guess that the "epstopdf" tool is missing: there should be some Fedora
> package for it.

That is correct. Thanks for pointing it out, it was not clear to me from
the error message.

> Anyway, in Isabelle/2a5ae592eafb the latex errors are again spilled into
> user output -- this is required for hard errors of missing executables
> and style files.
>
> With that I have managed to do "isabelle build -o document=pdf -g doc"
> or "isabelle build_doc -a" sucessfully on Fedora 28: after cumbersome
> saturation of the texlive installation, where almost every style file
> has its own package.

This kind of saturation is indeed cumbersome, but at least its possible
as long as you know which packages are missing ;)

cheers

chris