[isabelle-dev] HOL build process hangs

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 3 15:34:13 CEST 2018

Larry

> On 3 May 2018, at 13:48, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
>
> On 03/05/18 14:04, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
>>>
>>> What is your changeset id?
>>
>> ~/isabelle/Repos/src/HOL: hg id
>> 8dc792d440b9+ tip
>
> That is after my change 0acf3206a723. Did you see the problem in
> 36209dfb981e, too?

I have no idea how I could answer this question, as these change numbers appear to be absolutely random. I have recently been pulling changes every morning and I saw similar symptoms yesterday.

> What are the build options, e.g. the bottom of the output of "isabelle
>>> build -?” ?
>
> The "isabelle build" tool with argument "-?" emits various settings for
> convenience.

  ISABELLE_BUILD_OPTIONS=""

  ML_PLATFORM="x86-darwin"
  ML_HOME="/Users/lp15/.isabelle/contrib/polyml-5.7.1-5/x86-darwin"
  ML_SYSTEM="polyml-5.7.1"
  ML_OPTIONS="-H 1000"

Larry