[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Isabelle server

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:29:26 CET 2018

Dear Makarius,

I am on 67927:0b70405b3969 and

  ./bin/isabelle build_doc system

doesn't work for me. I get the error:

  Build started for documentation "system"
  Cleaning System ...
  Running System ...
  System FAILED
  isabelle document -d
/tmp/isabelle-griff/document_output14698640433302927/system -o pdf -n system
  *** Failed to build document in
"/tmp/isabelle-griff/document_output14698640433302927/system"
  Unfinished session(s): System

Is there a way to get a more detailed report on why the last step,
"isabelle document ...",  failed?

Btw: I also get (sometimes more specific) errors for building other
documentation.

Okay, turns out that I was missing the LaTeX packages

  nomencl, regexpatch, subfigure, supertabular

on my system (Fedora 27). After installing those I still get some errors
(all with similar error message):

  Running Tutorial ...
  Tutorial FAILED
  isabelle document -d
/tmp/isabelle-griff/document_output1759007754075439311/tutorial -o pdf
-n tutorial
  *** Failed to build document in
"/tmp/isabelle-griff/document_output1759007754075439311/tutorial"
  Isar_Ref FAILED
  Codegen FAILED
  Prog_Prove FAILED
  Implementation FAILED