[isabelle-dev] Deadlock while building HOL-Proof

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Mar 10 11:06:15 CET 2018

On 08/03/18 13:08, Makarius wrote:

>> Since David Matthews has make a lot of changes concerning fine-points of
>> heap management in the past few months, I would like to test it with
>> some Poly/ML repository version. But this does not build on macOS at the
>> moment.
>
> I will continue with the investigations here.

I have now tested it with various experimental versions of Poly/ML: the
problem persists.

Looking more closely at the ML statistics of the process (after killing
it) reveals that the ML world is fine and active, only my future thread
farm is somehow blocked.

This indicates that the problem is in my area of responsibility.