[isabelle-dev] a question about regulations

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Jun 29 13:27:54 CEST 2018

On 29/06/18 08:08, José Manuel Rodriguez Caballero wrote:

>   Thank you by the information. I sorry if this mailing list was not the
> best to ask this legal question, I did not find another one more
> appropriated for this subject.

By default you can post everything on isabelle-users, unless it really
refers to the ongoing Isabelle development process. The larger audience
on isabelle-users might actually have more legal experts.

> With respect to Makarius worries with
> open source, I'm the first who enjoys open source.

I am actually not worried about open source, I am worried about the
remaining minority that thinks it can economically survive with the
obsolete closed-source model. Even Microsoft has joined the Open Source
movement now, and will be soon running Github.