[isabelle-dev] a question about regulations

Gerwin.Klein at data61.csiro.au Gerwin.Klein at data61.csiro.au
Thu Jun 28 10:42:49 CEST 2018

Isabelle is distributed under a BSD 3-clause license. The only restrictions for Isabelle itself are (see COPYRIGHT file):

* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

* Neither the name of the University of Cambridge or the Technische
Universitaet Muenchen nor the names of their contributors may be used
to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
specific prior written permission.

This is very permissive.

There are no restrictions for other .thy files, only the usual copyright and other IP laws apply. We have commercial contracts that deliver .thy files quite routinely.

Cheers,
Gerwin