[isabelle-dev] [158c513a39f5] JVM crash

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Mon Sep 4 15:12:40 CEST 2017

Alas, it would appear I have spoken too soon!

I experienced a strange build failure with RC1 yesterday and, fearing
the worst, did my experiment from a few weeks ago again, with the
following result:

– building "Pure" fails in around 6 % of the cases
– this does not change even after a cold reboot
– switching SMT off seems to make the problem go away entirely
– switching SMT on makes it reappear

Sounds very much like this might well be the Ryzen bug. AMD has started
replacing affected CPUs, so I shall enquire about that and see what happens.

Cheers,

Manuel