[isabelle-dev] Problem with ocaml nums.cma on Cygwin64

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Oct 7 13:31:27 CEST 2017

On 06/10/17 16:38, Makarius wrote:

> Presently (e.g. in Isabelle/0b3fa8e22f22) this causes a new problem with
> OCaml, see also my thread on the Cygwin mailing list:
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-10/msg00037.html
>
>   $ ocaml nums.cma
>   Cannot load required shared library dllnums.
>   Reason: /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs/dllnums.so: flexdll error: cannot
>   relocate RELOC_REL32, target is too far: 0xfffffffc02c4c753  0x2c4c753.

After studying the hints provided here and on the Cygwin mailing list, I
have now rebuilt OCaml from the official sources provided by Cygwin:

  cd /usr/src/ocaml-4.04.2-1.src/ocaml-4.04.2
  ./configure
  make world.opt
  make install

The resulting /usr/local/bin/ocaml appears to work for now, and is
probably outside the auto rebase mechanism.