[isabelle-dev] unable to start Isabelle/jEdit due to error in unused session

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Thu May 18 11:13:58 CEST 2017

Thanks Lars!

I did not yet try your suggestion (and I am somewhat reluctant to
install "3rd party" software for something I would consider basic
functionality; but anyway, it's good to know that there is an alternative).

Thanks Makarius!

I even read the email you are referring to, but apparently this was too
long ago ;)

Anyway, what you suggest does in principle work (and shows that all the
required functionality is already there). With

  isabelle jedit -R -l HOL

I end up in Isabelle/HOL's ROOT file and everything after Pure has to be
loaded.

I am curious, is there a reason why it would not be a good idea to
restrict to Session by default whenever

  isabelle jedit -l Sessions

is invoked?

Alternatively, something similar to "-R" but where I do not end up in a
ROOT file and the specified session is already built (but none of its
descendants is checked) might be convenient.

cheers

chris