[isabelle-dev] [isabelle] Isabelle2016--1-RC2: Additional name-space pollution via Complex_Main

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 13:08:55 CET 2017

As I understand it, the star notation is the standard way of denoting the injection of an entity from, say, the standard reals to the non-standard reals. It is normally written as a prefix operator. Maybe we could do something using our  ⋆ character. But we have two other naming conventions in NSA: the prefixes hr and NS.

A lot of work needs to be done in order to bring this development up-to-date. I’m glad to see that the star operator is now fully integrated into the axiomatic type class system, but quite a lot of material made redundant by that step is still present.

Larry