[isabelle-dev] [isabelle] Good name for "sublist" predicates

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 30 17:11:34 CEST 2017

As I recall, this constant originally comes from HOL Light and is used in a couple of proofs.

And it occurs to me that it might be a good way of dealing with HOL Light’s generalisation of summations and limits to sets of natural numbers. As I ported the PNT, I used two other methods of dealing with that problem.

At the moment I don’t regard it as heavily used, but I guess it depends on what one is working on at any one time.

I would rather have qualified names than completely arbitrary variations of the name.

Larry