[isabelle-dev] Efficient code for Discrete.log

Andreas Lochbihler andreas.lochbihler at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 29 19:39:43 CEST 2017

Hi Manuel,

You are not the first to encouter this problem. Here's my experience:

In 4b1b85f38944, I added code_printings for gcd and decided to add Gcd to the imports of
Code_Target_Nat. IIRC this broke a few things in the AFP, which I had to fix. Meanwhile,
Gcd has become part of Main again.

Conversely, the AFP entry Native_Word sets up serialisation for bit operations, and there
is a specific Code_Target_Bits_Int theory with the relevant adaptations for bit operations
on integers.

I'd suggest that you setup two theories Code_Target_Complex_Int and
Code_Target_Complex_Nat that will collect all the code declarations for constants that are
defined in Complex. I think this is the cleanest approach, even though in the long run, we
might have a huge number of these specific adaptation theories. Your efficient algorithm
can go directly into Discrete.thy.

Best,
Andreas