[isabelle-dev] NEWS: PIDE document maintains file content internally

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 16:09:03 CET 2017

On 8 Jan 2017, at 19:02, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:

> * The PIDE document model maintains file content independently of the
> status of jEdit editor buffers. Reloading jEdit buffers no longer causes
> changes of formal document content. Theory dependencies are always
> resolved internally, without the need for corresponding editor buffers.
> The system option "jedit_auto_load" has been discontinued: it is
> effectively always enabled.

I’ve tried this, and it’s terrific. One slight problem however: I’ve been using the “goto-error” extension, and it no longer works. I hope that RafalThis can cook up a new version soon.

Larry

/*
 * Copyright 2014, NICTA
 *
 * This software may be distributed and modified according to the terms of
 * the BSD 2-Clause license. Note that NO WARRANTY is provided.
 * See "LICENSE_BSD2.txt" for details.
 *
 * @TAG(NICTA_BSD)
 */

/*
 * Jump to first Isabelle error in text area (if available).
 *
 * by Rafal Kolanski (2015)