[isabelle-dev] not-exists problem

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 13:38:11 CEST 2016

When mathematicians use such notations, they are communicating informally and they can count on the reader to understand what they mean. But that’s not how it works for us. Any notation that could be misinterpreted should be input only (assuming we support it at all). That way, the user immediately sees how it was interpreted.
Larry