[isabelle-dev] Haskabelle

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Oct 28 17:17:46 CEST 2016

On 13/10/16 09:52, Makarius wrote:
> What is the maintenance status of Haskabelle?
>
> There is still at least one open point concerning the new "isabelle
> process" wrapper and discontinuation of the old $ISABELLE_PROCESS.
>
> See also
>

> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/haskabelle/annotate/b885ee4618d8/lib/mk_adapt#l57
>   http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/cd266473b81b

I have spent 30min trying to make sense of the Haskabelle makedist and
lib/regression process. My impression is that it is generally lagging
behind GHC updates, although I am not proficient with that.

So for now (Isabelle/9ee2480d10b7) the old Haskabelle-2015 is ignored.

If it is updated on time during November, it can be still included in
Isabelle2016-1. If not, there is another chance to publish it as
independent Isabelle component. If that also does not come to pass,
Haskabelle will get lost in time and space -- the usual fate of tools
that are not fully integrated into the Isabelle repository and
development process.