[isabelle-dev] Towards the release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Oct 23 18:18:48 CEST 2016

On 12/10/16 11:36, Makarius wrote:
> After the public appearance of Isabelle2016-1-RC0 some days ago, we are
> still in consolidation mode for the Isabelle repository -- lets say at
> least 2 more weeks.
>
> Isabelle2016-1-RC1 will still be based on the isabelle-dev repository,
> to simplify immediate reactions on suggestions and observations by testers.
>
> The repository fork to isabelle-release will happen after RC1.

We are more or less on schedule. Isabelle2016-1-RC1 is anticipated
towards the end of the week (around 28-Oct-2016). The isabelle-rev
repository will remain open a few days afterwards to facilitate
immediate reactions by early adopters.

A bit later there will be the usual fork to
https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release and further
changes need to be really important (and sent to me via email).

> Are there any non-trivial chunks still in the commit/push pipeline that
> need special considerations?

There have been various smaller and bigger pushes in the meantime.
Please make sure that NEWS and CONTRIBUTORS are updated as well.

Anything else still left in the pipeline?