[isabelle-dev] Problem with factorial-ring in combination with containers

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Mon Oct 3 22:51:23 CEST 2016

Hm, that sounds reasonable.

However, I am not sure whether using "finite" is really such a good
idea; it will lead to people having to instantiate "finite_UNIV" for all
kinds of things all the time.

I think I once considered a similar solution using a copy of "finite"
that does Code.abort in cases where finiteness wasn't obvious (e.g.
complement), but I abandoned that idea for some reason. Still, at the
moment, I think that might be the best solution.

Any thoughts?

Manuel